Search Swinburne Image Bank
|Title: ||B. R. [Bernard] Hames - Director 1966-1970|
|Creator: ||Pendlebury, Laurence Scott, 1914-1986|
|Description: ||Oil on canvas.|
75.5 x 62.5 cm.
Signed lower left.
Mr. B. R. Hames joined Swinburne in 1938 as a teacher of English. He became Vice-Principal in 1956 and Director in 1966. He retired from Swinburne in 1970. He was instrumental in forming the first Library for the College. The fledgling Library began in makeshift premises and in 1952, with improved financial support, a Reading Room was established. This was during the period when students were trained to use a Library, particularly with the expansion of teaching in the Humanities. The 'Bernard Hames Library' was officially opened by the Rt Hon. Malcom Frazer in 1972.
|Permanent link: ||http://images.swinburne.edu.au/handle/1111.1/40|
|Copyright: ||Permission for use generously provided to Swinburne University of Technology by the copyright owner. No re-use permitted.|
|Appears in Collections:||Paintings|
Copyright on all images presented on this site is either held by Swinburne University of Technology or the artists (and/or their representatives).