Search Swinburne Image Bank
|Title: ||Hawthorn Motor Garage|
|Creator: ||Swinburne Technical College|
|Description: ||The Hawthorn Motor Garage, before its conversion in 1913 to become the Engineering school.
The Hawthorn Motor Garage, formerly a veterinary hospital, occupied the north west corner of the original block of College land. In 1913 the firm Thompson and Chalmers was commissioned to convert this garage into an engineering school. The contract was for £1,450. (Source: The Open Door, 1950)|
|Permanent link: ||http://images.swinburne.edu.au/handle/1111.1/1098|
|Copyright: ||Copyright expired under Copyright Act 1968 Commonwealth of Australia.|
|Appears in Collections:||Campus buildings|
Copyright on all images presented on this site is either held by Swinburne University of Technology or the artists (and/or their representatives).